Monday 18 June 2012

Chevron Towers Surfers Paradise Gold Coast Australia

I took my family to Gold Coast and stayed at Chevron Towers located at Surfers Paradise for 3 nights. It cost me close to AUD80 for a 8 seater Tarago Taxi (Toyota Estima) from the  airport to Chevron Towers.

Boy was I surprised that the 2 bedroom apartment was huge and comfortable and best of all I had sea view :) We stayed at Tower 1 and from the Lobby we could access to the shopping centre and many other stores/shops along Surfers Paradise. 


My wife booked the 2 bedroom apartment through agoda.com and the price per night is like half of what I paid for the smaller 2 bedroom at Katz Apartment in Melbourne.

Here are photos of the Chevron Towers apartment I stayed in (forgot to take photo of the really spacious toilet in the Master Bedroom):






   

And here is the view from the balcony from left to right (where I really enjoyed my fags with coffee looking at the ocean):





And here is the view at night:




I was so happy that I saw a Hard Rock Cafe Gold Coast nearby. I have been longing for their BBQ smoked pork ribs for years. The last time I had one was 3 years ago in Las Vegas, USA. The dinner at Hard Rock Cafe was good.





After dinner we went to Woolworths located in the same mall and bought many Tim Tams which were on sale and also Woolworths' Palova (forgot to take photo) which went very good with fresh strawberries :)



The next day we wanted to go to Movie World. Cost me about AUD65 for return arranged at the tour desk at reception. Here are some photos taken at Movie World:






My children went for most of the rides there. I myself only tried the Scooby Coaster and I must tell you I am just told old for these rides, got a massive headache after I came out.



And after watching Hollywood Stunt Driver show at Movie World, I told my wife I getting a Malaysia made Proton Inspira (which is a rebadge of the Mitsubishi Lancer).






Here are few short videos for you to check out:






On the third day we went to Habour Town. It would cost about AUD6.50 per person by bus from Chevron Towers to Habour Town. Since there were 5 of us, I arranged at the tour desk for their van to take us there and back. It cost me AUD40 one way but I guess it was okay as I did not need to wait for the bus. For me, the main attraction at Harbour Town was the Ralph Lauren Factory Outlet where I bought another RL Racing No.8 T shirt :)

 




Since I was not keen to shop for hours, my son, my youngest daughter and myself when and watch Men in Black III. the ticket cost me AUD8.50 each and a popcorn set with a cola cost AUD10.

Anyway, if you are at Harbour Town Gold Coast, try out Pasta Pasta beside the cinema, order 5 items from their lunch specials and you a sixth meal free.


The last day we were in Gold Coast, we took the AquaDuck ride and visited Infinity. Here are couple photos taken on the AquaDuck (a modified vehicle that moves on land and sea).




It rained the entire day, so we just hang around Surfers Paradise until it was time to go to the airport. Once again I arranged transport at the Tour Desk and it only cost me AUD65 for 5 of us for the one way trip to the airport.

And here is a picture of the last cup of coffee I had in Gold Coast :) Look at the generous serving of fresh cream to go with my eclair, yummy :)



click any links below to go directly to an article that interest you:

Melbourne Central Business District - Getting Around 

Melbourne Coffee and Food is Freaking Good

Melbourne Aquarium - An Experience Not To Be Missed

Melbourne Clean Affordable Hotel Accommodation Single Person or Family of Four

Free Visa and MasterCard Debit Cards from Australia Banks

KPop in Melbourne and Sydney Australia - Where To Get Them

And also please click here to my main blog GenX GenY GenZ to read more about my recent trip to Australia.


No comments:

Post a Comment