Monday 29 October 2012

Formule 1 Hotel Melbourne CBD Budget Hotel

An article by GenX published 
at Melbourne Victoria Australia www.melbournevicaustralia.blogspot.com
Please do not reprint or republish in part or in any form.

Update - This hotel has been renamed as Ibis Budget


Previously, I published an article titled Melbourne Clean Affordable Hotel Accommodation Single Person or Family of Four, where I mentioned that Space Hotel located at Russell Street, Melbourne is good if one is looking for a clean single occupancy room or on a tight budget for a family of four. In this article, I also touched on Ozstays Katz 2 Bedroom Apartments if one is looking for accommodation for 5 people as it comes with a sofa bed in the living room.

I was in Melbourne last week and this time I stayed at Formule 1 located at the corner of Elizabeth Street and Collins Street. The reason why I chose Formule 1 this time round was, once again I was on a tight budget and needed a room for three as my youngest daughter tagged along with my darling wife and me.

Here are some photos of the Formule 1 room I stayed in:







The room was compact but for the price I paid, which was less than AUD100 per night, I have nothing to complain about. More importantly, the room was clean and fresh towels were provided daily and the shower had hot water. The room also came with a wall mounted heater cum air-condition. However, Formule 1 does not provide free coffee like Space Hotel nor is there a kitchen for you to cook your food.

Obviously, my youngest daughter slept on the higher level of the bunk bed.

As far as location is concerned, the Formule 1 locality is pretty good. It is very near Flinders Station and Federation Square. And best of all, it's not too far from my favorite coffee outlet - Brother Baba Budan located at Little Bourke, between Elizabeth Street and Queens Street. 


I booked the Formule 1 room via agoda.com using my Maybank Visa Infinite where I was entitled to 6% discount. If you are considering booking your next hotel room online, I would recommend that you click here and read my article Agoda.com versus HotelClub.com where I will show you that you must always check the final price at the check out page when comparing prices.

And if you are new to Melbourne, click here to read my article Melbourne Central Business District - Getting Around. In this article I touched on the FREE Tourist Bus and City Circle Tram. And if you need to use Melbourne's Public Transport, you will need a prepaid card called Myki.

Click here to read my short review of Space Hotel Queen Ensuite room. Space Hotels has many different types of accommodation to cater to all kinds of budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment